Public Attitudes to Physical Activity in Glasgow [PDF file] contains useful information for sports studies and health sciences students.
Interviews were carried out with 750 residents from across Glasgow about
- physical activity undertaken in the past week;
- attitudes to physical activity;
- self-perception (self-worth);
- motivations towards physical activity;
- barriers towards physical activity;
- influence of sporting events;
- other health behaviours.
This research was carried out by EKOS (an economic and social development consultancy) for the Glasgow Centre for Population Health.