The London 2012 Olympic Legacy Action Plan is about the long-term benefits brought by hosting the Olympic and Paralympic Games. It is based around 5 pledges:
- To make the UK a world-leading sporting nation
- To transform the heart of East London
- To inspire a generation of young people
- To make the Olympic Park a blueprint for sustainable living
- To demonstrate the UK is a creative, inclusive and welcoming place to live in, visit and for business.
The Olympic Legacy Action Plan documents are available on The National Archives government web archive. The National Archives regularly copy and preserve government websites, ensuring that they remain available for researchers in the future.
If you are researching the Olympic Games you might also find useful information on the LA84 Foundation‘s website, which has an online collection of official Olympic Reports and oral histories from Olympians.